Thursday, November 13, 2008

Doctors Visit #100, it Fells Like

Just so you know I am going to tell about my visit to the doctor, so for those that don't like it, don't have to read it but I want to be able to have it one day to remember. John thinks its weird, and that's the only reason I give the for warning. SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT, JOHN! So Monday I went in or my weekly visit, and I had Dr. Gamete. He checked me and told me that I finally changed. I am now 65% and dilated to a 2 (well in between a 1 and 2, it just makes me feel better to say 2). I asked him if he would help me, because you hear that stripping the membranes helps. So he did and that was awful. He told me before it would be about 10 seconds and that I would not like him. So he had his arm across my belly and I was squeezing it the whole time. I hope he dint care but if he was going to do that I needed something to squeeze. Half way through he said okay you have 5 more seconds, and I told you, you wouldn't like me, can you do it. I was not about to stop now so I had him finish. I was pushing down on the end of the table and it made this noise like it came off the hinge(Josh and laughed about how I broke the table after) I didn't have a chance to look at Josh but I"m sure he was not looking, probably staring at the wall behind him!!! I have heard that getting this done can put you into labor within 24 hours, I'm still pregnant so I hope it at least changed me. So the best part is Emma went in the day after me to have the same thing done, and after told the nurse that he sister-in-law had this done yesterday and it was not as bad as I had described. The nurse then told her,"oh she must of had Dr. Gamete". Of course I got him, but at least it was the first time it had ever been done so I really didn't know what to expect. Believe it or not if I go in Monday and they say I have changed, as bad as it was, I will have them do it again. The things you will do to get this baby here! After, Dr. Gamete sat down and talked to us for a little bit, and he told me how I have a good sized baby in there, and he hopes the baby is turned right, or there is a possibility of have a c-section. He said I don't want to scare you but I just don't want to get in there and spring this on you if we do end up having to do it. He said there is still a 75% chance it will be normal. I then asked him how long after the due date he would let me go. He said most women don't go more than a week over, and then said I can promise you, you will have the baby by December 1st. I said, can you tell me I will have it by the end of the week, and he said well I can promise it will be here before thanksgiving. So, he thinks its coming late, just my luck. My new prediction is Nov. 17Th, and then praying it will coming sooner, and not a day later. We will have to see.

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm so bummed for you! But let's keep our fingers crossed! 65% is REALLY good! Okay, so if it makes you feel better, I went in on a Wednesday and was a 2 and 50% effaced then I had him on Friday! See, no reason to get down! Your baby will be here in no time! Oh and also, can I call dibs on betrothing your baby and Emmett if you have a girl?! I seriously know that if your baby's a girl she will be beautiful so I gotta call dibs now! And if it's a boy, if I ever have a girl, I will call dibs on him :) Hang in there! You will seriously forget all about this when your baby gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you poor thing! it's funny how when you get to this point you kinda quit caring about the pain and you'll do anything to get them here! i hope you don't have to get that done again. we love you! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have had that them strip me before doesn't sound like fun. I hope all goes well in the next week or so. I had Aaron our first at 41 weeks. He came c-section and after that so did all the others. Look forward to knowing what little one you have in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the things we'll do to get that baby out...I feel so bad that it was so much more painful for you! But then I think, maybe if the nurse wasn't so gentle I would have a baby here right now! Ha...at least we know they have to come sometime soon, right? We won't be pregnant forever! Even though it feels like it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see this new little baby. keep hanging in there. you are wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What???? That is crazy that they will let you go over that many days!!! No fair. Hang in there! He/she will be here soon. Sorry about the membranes...OUCH!!

    ReplyDelete