Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Little One on the Way!!

So on March 11Th I took the pregnancy test that told us we were expecting. We were in Texas for my moms birthday and took probably 3 different tests until we found the one we liked. After the miscarriage in January this came as a surprise and a little more emotional then expected, but we are so excited now and cant wait for our little one to get here. Because we were down in Texas we decided to tell the family we were expecting!! It was a fun surprise especially on Mom's birthday but i think the best part is that very same day Emma announced that she was pregnant too. She and I are about 4 days from each others due date and its been fun so far to compare and go threw it with her.

I am about 15 weeks pregnant and finally not throwing up anymore. As crazy as it is to say it has been a blessing for us to be sick, because with the first one I was not sick at all. I really think that being sick has helped calm both of our nerves, and makes it even more exciting for us.

Josh has been so good to me. He hardly lets me do much, as far as lefting heavy things, he cleans the house almost always, rubs my back and feet almost every day, goes and buys me snacks to make sure I alwasy have something to eat, does the laundry and does the best he can at rubbing my back when i'm throwing up. Poor thing has the worse gag reflexes, and I think has thrown up a few times with me. I think the words "this is the last one" came out a few times, but I really think I wouldn't of been able to get through it without him. Now that I'm feeling a lot better he will ask do you think we could have more after this one... Love him!

15 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you did a post about it! I keep thinking we need to take some pictures together as we get bigger and bigger... :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Emma, you need to take pictures together. It would be fun to see later on. Who know you might have more than one together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the little one. I am so excited for you two. Tell Josh great job on taking care of you, he is a good man. Look forward to pictures and progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just wanted to say congratulations!! We are so excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be fun to do pictures. I'm so glad that you are finally feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! I am excited for you and Josh. When is the due date?

    ReplyDelete
  7. woot woot...and you totally let the cat out of the bag in that last post silly! can't wait to meet the little one...oh wait, i'll probably be there! yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you guys!! It would be fun to see you and emma together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay its out in the open!!! We are so happy for ya'll! Whats the due date? I'm guessing November 7th cause thats my birthday? Sorry about our phone tag a couple of weeks ago I had someone show up and I saw you calling and couldn't do anything about it and then I forgot. Anyways We are so happy for ya'll and cant wait to do fun family vacations :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Thats the exact same preg test I took and I ALWAYS said that was the last one..... And it is out of my body at least. Plus Josh sounds like he is being amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats jake!! we are so so excited for you guys. Josh sounds like a great husband- you will have such a cute family. Having a baby is wonderful! when are you moving back to Houston so we can have playdates!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea! I'm so excited for you! And be sure to post pics of your growing belly! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my I had no idea you were pregnant but then again why would I! Thank goodness for Blogs!Congrats my friend I am excited to see how everything goes!! Im so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't checked your blog forever and I'm so glad I did! Yeah I'm so happy for you Jax. Being a mom is the greatest blessing in the world. It is so much fun and rewarding. I was looking at your dates and thinking....this means you had just found out you were prego a few days before my baby shower huh?? Wow, you did good at fooling us all! :o) I can't wait to find out what it is!

    ReplyDelete